One day I started filling a spreadsheet with all the languages I’ve used over the years (and with percentages of focus on each one) with the intention of creating a chart.
It got bigger than I expected. I guess never counted how many platforms I had actually used.
The original chart (created in LibreOffice) didn’t look exactly good, so I decided to write custom code to plot the chart the exact way I wanted it to look like. This is the result. It was created with some messy JS code that rendered the data to a canvas object. I tweaked the colors a little bit and added the titles in Photoshop.
I think it’s an interesting visualization of the platforms I’ve used. There are many different solutions to the problem, I think, but so far I’m pretty happy with this result.
Please view in the original size.
The source code can be found here. It was never meant to be released nor too flexible so it’s a little bit too linear and hard-coded, but what the hell.